Kate Winslet knows that nothing flatters gorgeous curves better than a figure hugging bodycon dress. The stunning actress looked fabulously curvaceous as she stepped out in a little red number and black peep toe heels.
We love this affordable style from Bank for just £39!
Finish the look with a pair of black peep toe heels. We love this style from Debenhams for £42.
The Gossip: (1) And so Katie Price makes another appearance on Loose Women to plug something/talk about herself, and there was much male-directed misogyny (that’s called misandry, if you didn’t know), lots of fake laughter, and much pandering to a mostly female, mostly old crowd. Does anything change?
(2) Apparently not; the star still chatted about ex-husband Peter Andre despite being divorced from him more than two years. She admitted always being the one in relationships to buy presents. This brought ire from the panal which included CarolVorderman, to which Price replied: “There has only ever been one person who ever did that for me, Pete.”
(3) The 33-year old also confessed to watching I’m a Celebrity alone, but is apparently loving the single life and not on the pull after recently breaking up with Leandro Penna (could it have anything to do with the fact you two didn’t speak the same language?). A few hours before the show she touched down in Heathrow after flying from New York on a holiday with friends Phil Turner and Gary Cockerill. She tweeted: “can’t stop laughing with @PhillTurnerDIY @GaryMakeUp and catherine we are having such a laugh full banter I’m soo happy.” Yes, we often stop our laughter so we can tell everyone how much we are laughing.
The lovely leading lady looked every inch the glamourous Hollywood star as she attended the UK premiere of Twilight’s fourth installment, Breaking Dawn.
Her black halter neck gown by Roberto Cavalli is a bit out of our price range but luckily, you can channel her red carpet style with this similar dress from Very for just £69.
Whilst Kristen might have slipped into some comfortable trainers for signing the hundreds of autographs, she did rock a pair of fab heels for the photographers. Get this similar style from Dorothy Perkins for just £21.
We’re chuffed to see Frankie Sandford back on her feet and looking happy and healthy on an evening out with footballer boyfriend Wayne Bridges. The singer looked stunning as she flaunted her slim figure in a dressed down look.
Frankie unleashes her wild side in a tight leopard print mini dress. Get this similar style from Oasis for £45.
Complete the Saturdays star’s look with this pair of burgundy trousers from Urban Outfitter’s for £50.
The VIPs: America Ferrera, Amra-Faye Wright, Darius Campbell
The Gossip: (1) Everyone knows the story of Chicago by now: Murderesses Velma Kelly (a chanteuse and tease who killed her husband and sister after finding them in bed together) and Roxie Hart (who killed her boyfriend when she discovered he wasn’t going to make her a star) find themselves on death row together and fight for the fame that will keep them from the gallows in 1920s Chicago. It doesn’t even matter if you aren’t versed in important plot points; this is a musical about cool guys in fedoras and seductive ladies in lace.
(2) And there’s a new Roxie in town. It’s the role every young female stage actor would kill for (Renée Zellweger played her in the 2002 film), but for the Chicago’s opening night at new venue Garrick Theatre on Charing Cross Road, the part has been snapped up by Ugly Betty star America Ferrera. She’s making her stage debut with, surely, a few first night jitters, but we think the mousy girl with the big voice couldn’t be more suited to the part.
(3) Ferrera stars alongside Amra-Faye Wright’s Velma Kelly (below, Catherine Zeta-Jones in the film) while old stagehand Darius Campbell returns as Billy Flynn, marking a younger, less gray alternative to Richard Gere’s version. The production runs until January 26, 2013 and is set to celebrate its 14th birthday on November 18. Certainly a West End musical that promises the old Razzle Dazzle!
The Gossip: (1) This is a new one. To mark the DVD and Blu-Ray release of X-Men: First Class, actor Jason Flemyng joined mustants Mystique and Azazel (whom Flemyng plays in the film) to open the X-Men First Class Lounge (see what they did there?) at London’s Victoria Station. The lounge, open for one day only, is situated in the main concourse of the station and apparently gives commuters ‘the full X-Men experience’.
(2) This lounge is different to ones you might be used to, filled with toast and daily papers. Intricately recreating the 1960s lounge in the mutants’ hideout, the pop-up area allowed visitors to sit back on the chesterfield sofas whilst watching the Blu-ray on a 40 inch period style HD TV, relax by the fire place, shop for new titles in the library with hidden QR codes, play chess on an authentic chess set as featured in the films and pose for photos with mutants Mystique and Azazel, made up by a leading Hollywood make-up artist. Just what commuters need to set themselves up for the working day.
(3) Actor Jason Flemyng challenged visitors to a game of chess, looking deep in thought throughout the day (or was he acting?). He did well to stay away from Marc Paul, Britain’s top mind controller, who has been dubbed the real-life Professor X. As long as he restricts his daunting super powers to games of chess, we’ll be happy.
The VIPs: John Partridge, Cilla Black, Graham Norton, Russell Tovey, Sean Pertwee, Dan Gillespie Sells, Nick Herbert, Charlie Condou
The Gossip: (1) It’s always good when celebrities decide to help out charities, and it’s even better when food is involved! Yesterday The Supper Club was a perfect mix of goodwill and full bellies as more than 50 big-name resturants came together for the annual fundraising event to raise money for people with HIV.
(2) Restaurants included such establishes eateries as China Tang, Le Caprice and J Sheekey, with all proceeds going to Terence Higgins Trust. The event proper was great fun for all involved, and managed to raise thousands for the chosen charity, but the afterparty at Café de Paris is where things really got going. There was dancing, live music and, most importantly, cocktails.
(3) Celebrity attendees included the likes of Sean Pertwee, Cilla Black, and even Graham Norton who managed to not show any signs of a hangover even after attending Elton John’s Grey Goose Winter Ball on Monday (and miracuslouly staying away from the many giant bottles of Grey Goose vodka dotted around). That’s two charity events to raise money for HIV sufferers in three days. Well done, Norton.
(4) After each annual Supper Club a glossy magazine is put together to commemorate the evening and give generous patrons more information about how to help further. Read this year’s one here.
The VIPs: Pixie Lott, Dionne Bromfield, Ed Sheeran, Oliver Cheshire
The Gossip: (1) While some popstars are content to launch their albums at venues like Nando’s (which is totally fine with us as we love fried chicken), others, like Pixie Lott, are a little more imaginative. Last night to let everyone know her new album Young Foolish Happy was hitting shop shelves, Lott took revelers on a trip down the Thames!
(2) Jetting off from The Savoy Pier in a boat called The Silver Sturgeon, the atmosphere was slightly more rocking than your average party – the choppy waters of the Thames probably contributed to that. The decor was superb, The Silver Sturegeon decked out like it was Halloween (which it was), with yummy canapes to top it off. The seasick might have wanted to stay away from the mini burgers, mini fish and chips, scotch eggs and butternut squash quiche, but we don’t see how they could resist.
(3) Near the end of the evening Pixie had a special announcement. The boat docked at Old Billingsgate Market where her video for Turn it Up was projected on a massive, multi-storey building! Another bright idea from the increasingly creative Pixie.
(4) On the actual boat, hardworking Pixie performed three songs herself. Here’s our exclusive video from the event.Here’s our exclusive video from the event.
(5) The album’s out on 7 November, featuring collaborations with Stevie Wonder and John Legend. We like what we’ve heard so far