If there is one destination that should definitely be on your bucket list of places to visit, it is the Alps. It doesn’t matter whether you are someone who usually prefers a sunny beach break, the Alps is somewhere everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. Read on to discover the reasons why.
- The Great Aletsch Glacier – Let’s begin with the biggest glacier in Europe. This glacier stretches to 23 km. This is a magical experience – to spend your holiday chilling out by a glacier, at high altitude, experiencing somewhere that dates back to the ice age.
- The food – If you are a lover of cheese, you are going to love the Alps. After all, this is where melted cheese fondue originated. It used to be a dish for poor farmers who sought a way to use ingredients that were leftover during the cold, winter months.
- The Alpine village life – There are many charming little villages in the Swiss Alps, including the likes of Grindelwald. This is a place where you can breathe in the clean mountain air, relax, and be at one with nature. It is the perfect way to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- The scenery – Another reason why The Alps should be your next holiday destination is because of the stunning scenery that is on display. You will witness some of the most dramatic sights in the world. There are many beautiful, isolated lakes, and the mountain tops are impossible to do justice with using mere words.
- The chalets – In terms of accommodation options, you will struggle to find better than the Alps. While you have so many different options to choose from, such as hotels and B&Bs, there is no denying that the best option is to stay in a chalet. Chalets offer a warm and homely feel, with luxurious extras. Take a look at the Chalet La Petite Pia from Purple Ski for a great example of this. With gorgeous mountain views, a hand-warming fireplace, a snug TV room, and a well-equipped bar, this gives you a good glimpse into what you can expect from a chalet.
- The skiing – Last but not least, this article simply would not be complete without mentioning skiing in the Alps. The Alps boasts a reputation as one of the best skiing destinations across the globe, and this is no fluke. No matter whether you are a keen skier or you have never hit the slopes in your life, you will have a lot of fun while skiing at the Alps.
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should visit the Alps at last once in your lifetime. From the obvious reasons, like the skiing and the scenery, to the more unique reasons, such as the food and village life, the Alps is truly one of a kind.