It’s sleek, it’s sexy and it’s so hot right now. Since Kendall Jenner showed up alongside a Balmain army at the Vogue Foundation Gala during Paris Fashion Week, her center parted do hasn’t seemed to have left.
The dark-haired beauty has walked in many shows this season sporting many different looks, but her hair has stayed still slicked back without a strand out of place.
Iconic supermodel legends, Iman, Naiomi and popstar royalty Rihanna also featured in a stunning Balmain spread for W magazine, with all three beauty’s donning a similar silky centered parted hairstyle. Their whole looks scream sleek, strong, edgy and ready for Balmain domination.
And it seems as if our celebs just can’t say no to the new trend at hand.
Ciara (top right) showed up at Paris Fashion week with a Balmain inspired ponytail falling down her back. Even Kim Kardashian couldn’t resist the center-parted pony that her sister brought back this autumn. Jessie J also followed the Balmain trend with a tight all back, wearing it well.
There’s no doubt that this timeless hair do is here to stay. It gives off a sophisticated and polished vibe because it’s such a simple style. Drawing your hair back in a sleek low pony also helps to highlight your face structure, putting your cheekbones and jaw line on show.
This look is extremely easy and quick to achieve. Just get that hair super straight and trust me, you’ll be Balmain ready in less than 5.
(1) Use a tail comb and give yourself a center parting.
(2) Get some gel and a soft bristle brush and smooth your hair back. I would advise VO5’s Styling Gel Mega Hold in order to get that super slicked, sleek look.
(3) With your hands, smooth your hair back into a low ponytail holding it tight.
(4) Keep one hand clasped around the ponytail and use the other hand to take out a medium sized piece of your hair from the bottom of the pony.
(5) Use this piece to wrap fully around the pony keeping it tight.
(6) Secure your pony with a bobbing pin.
Get the look and tell us what you think! Tweet us @livelikeavip or find us on Instagram LiveLikeAVIP